Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Chezon vs Busy Schedule (Let's Call it a Draw)‏



Dieting on a busy schedule is like trying to catch an eel with your bare hands underwater: it's not impossible, but it can feel that way.

The last couple of weeks have been difficult. Just when I believed my personal and professional schedule couldn't be stretched any further, we landed in the middle of a family emergency. My boyfriend's uncle had a sudden heart attack. Back and forth we drove over 50 miles to comfort family and offer support. Unfortunately, his uncle passed away a week later.

During this time, I struggled trying to remember to eat. And when I did remember, the chore lied in finding healthier alternatives within vending machines. After a day or two, I quickly learned, my sanity lied in packing my handbag with bottled water and nonperishable snacks.

Now, my life is trying to settle down. I'm still busy trying to play catch-up, but I'm proud that despite the challenges, I didn't completely fall off of my diet bandwagon. It's times like this where you embrace the small victories. Stay healthy, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment